When one believes in a project, one hopes that it will overcome the original goals.
It’s like playing a match and hoping for the final victory.
The whole team struggles to score the last point, thinking about all the training, the sacrifices, the difficulties, but also the beauty of playing all together to reach a unique aim.
Winning. Making it. Exceeding expectations and giving all of yourself on the field. Then feeling the joy of victory.
But you know what’s event better than this?
Knowing that you’ve not only achieved the goal, but you’ve overcome it! So, hold tight because this is what I’m about to tell you.
I won’t tell you about a match, but a project which, thanks to your help and that of many other businessmen of the Angelo Affinita Foundation, reached incredible results which went beyond the initial expectations.
This project is called Cooperativa NewHope.
This unique association was born in Caserta by the will of a group of Orsoline nuns, who wanted to help for real the young migrant women victims of human trafficking.
Newspapers are full of their faces and stories. Yet, they remain invisible victims on the streets, hurt twice by the indifference of the people.
Many of these girls are minors and have been forced to abandon their homes and their families, led by despair and by the promise of a better life.
But in Italy they’ve only found violence, exploitation and hurt. No chance to have a better life and help their families, no chance to find a good job and the support of the community.
Faced with this tragedy, Suor Rita Giaretta founded Casa Rut, a shelter house for these girls and their children.
Here they find support, help and a way to start living again.
As Suor Rita says, no work means no freedom.
So she also founded the Cooperativa NewHope, a tailoring workshop where these young women learn how to sew the fabrics of their countries, how to develop their talent and believe in their dreams.
The Angelo Affinita Foundation, thanks to the contribution and the entrepreneurial skills of many businessmen, has been able to see the potential and, most of all, the great value of this project.
Therefore it has decided to support it with:
- Professional training courses
- A tailoring course in collaboration with Scuola La Tecnica of Naples
- The purchase of sewing machines for the sartorial production
- The purchase of tools and fabrics
The aim was that of making the Cooperativa NewHope develop, become stronger and able to welcome more girls, to give them a real chance of redemption and rebirth.
These are the news: NewHope went further than this! You know why?
Because YOU, together with the friends who support the Affinita Foundation, chose to not look the other way. You chose to be there and help to give a future to this project.
I want to tell you something: what you’ve done is incredible.
Your help is not abstract, but a real strength which makes possible the impossible, as many of the results reached by the Cooperativa NewHope in the last year.
I’m going to tell you some of them:
- Blessing Okoedion, a young migrant of Casa Rut, published the book Il coraggio della libertà (2017), which is having a huge success and is giving its contribution to inform the people on the issue of human trafficking. Moreover, last 28 June she was awarded the 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report Hero Award by the United States Department of State
- The Cooperativa has now a real shop in Caserta
- Blessing and other girls of Casa Rut participated to the pre-synod with Pope Francis
- The educational activities with schools from all over Italy are increasing in number
- Laura Boldrin awarded Casa Rut and the Cooperative NewHope for their incessant struggle to fight human trafficking
- The Cooperativa NewHope will participate to the project Journey with NewHope, in collaboration with the American Embassy, the association BeAwareNow, the Caserta artistic college and several important fashion brands (a name? Gucci!)
All this has been possible thanks to the support of people like you who, together with the Affinita Foundation, decided to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Even the most desperate situations have a solution, as long as there is the will to roll up our sleeves and work together to create something valuable.
Donate today to keep seeing the growth of the Cooperativa NewHope and give a future of hope to the young women victims of human trafficking.
Angelo Affinita used to say: “A single person can make a difference”.
Do we want to try – TOGETHER – to make a difference? CLICK HERE.
A web page will open so you can give your decisive contribution to the projects of the Foundation and choose how to help us through a free-will donation or buying the book dedicated to Angelo.